Not as rich as Christmas cake, but very moist and fruity and with a lovely spicy flavour.
submitted by Sandra (0)
on 26th May 2010
- 4 oz marg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 4 oz brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 12 oz mincemeat (the sweet kind, not actually meat!)
- 7 oz self raising flour
- Mix together with a fork, in a large bowl
- Line an 8 inch round tin with baking paper *
- Put mix in tin and level
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 10 min at 160 c, then at 150 c for about 1 1/4 hours, or until cake is firm in the centre.
- Cool in tin with a clean damp tea towel over the top
To line a tin the easy way, take a sheet of baking paper large enough to line in one piece. Screw it up, then open it, repeat. Press into tin. Trim away excess AFTER cake mix is in the tin.